- Federal Highway Administration. (2005). Safety Effects of Marked and Unmarked Crosswalks at Uncontrolled Locations. FHWA Publication HRT-04-100. McLean, VA.
- Federal Highway Administration. (2009). Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. Washington, DC.
- Federal Transit Administration. (1996). Guidelines for the Location and Design of Bus Stops. Transit Cooperative Research Program Report 19. Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. (2001). School Bus Driver In-Service Safety Series. Washington, DC.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. (2006). Seat Belts on School Buses. U.S. Department of Transportation. Washington, DC.
- The Fourteenth National Congress on School Transportation. (2005). National School Transportation Specifications and Procedures 2005 Revised Edition. Central Missouri State University. Warrensburg, Missouri.
- Transportation Research Board. (2002). The Relative Risks of School Travel: A National Perspective and Guidance for Local Community Risk Assessment. TRB Special Report 269. Washington, DC.