This information can be used to develop most desired types of evaluation, but it is limited by the enormous potential scope of activities that might be part of a Safe Routes to School program and by the scope of program evaluation and evaluation research. The following resources are for readers interested in developing a better understanding of evaluation, either for their own benefit or to conduct more complex evaluation:
- Demonstrating Your Program’s Worth: A Primer on Evaluation for Programs to Prevent Unintentional Injury, 2000
- Art of Appropriate Evaluation
- Safe Routes to School: Practice and Promise
- Physical Activity Evaluation Handbook, 2002
- CDC Evaluation Working Group Resource List
- Guiding Principles for Evaluators
Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation Program. Evaluation standards: How to assess evaluations of educational programs. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1994.
- Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation, 2nd ed, Wholey and Newcomer, 2004.
- Evaluation: A Systematic Approach, 7th ed, Rossi, et al, 2005.
- Case Study Research; Design and Methods, 3rd ed, Yin, Robert K., Sage Publications, London, 2003.